You can achieve what you believe

ask the expert banner

If the college/university has changed its name after one has received a degree, how should the college name appear on the resume?

by Mary K.
(Baltimore, MD)

York College of Pennsylvania was York Junior College when I received my Associates' degree. How should I list the college on my current resume? Thanks.

Answer: Mary, you can just list both names on the resume, like either:

York College of Pennsylvania, formerly York Junior College


York Junior College, now called York College of Pennsylvania

Either one would be correct and acceptable.

Click here to post comments

Return to Archived Questions About Education on Resume.

For "Ask the Expert" question categories, follow these links:

Resume Questions Other Questions:

Share YOUR job hunting horror stories with our readers!

Here are some more pages you might be interested in...

Search This Site:

Site Sponsors

See our Advertising Policy


Need help making a professional resume? Check out this fabulous online resume builder!

Click here to get professional resume help online

Job Seekers'
Power Pack!

job seekers power pack picture

Grab your copy of these 5 concise reports about every aspect of the job hunt. Don't miss this opportunity to change your life for the better!

Check it out NOW

Please, help this site continue running by donating $5.00

Keep Up to Date

Follow us on our Facebook Fan Page Follow our updates on Twitter
Subscribe to my careers blog Subscribe to our site changes in your feed reader

Learning Library

[?] Subscribe To This Site

follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines