Resume Cover Letter Help
Employment Cover Letter Tips & Advice
to Help You Succeed in the Job Hunt
If you don't put almost as much time into learning how to write a cover letter as you put into learning how to write your resume, you're missing the boat.
In fact, your letter is so important, I decided to create a whole new section of the site dedicated to helping you learn the secrets to effective cover letter writing. It's true that your resume IS one of the most important tools in your job search arsenal. Without it, you're not going to be able to get anything beyond the most basic entry level job, and maybe not even that.
However... the more I worked on my resume pages, the more I realized I'd be doing you a disservice if I neglected to dedicate at least a part of this site to resume cover letter help.
Because here's the thing... Your resume should reach every prospective employer accompanied by a customized employment cover letter. YES... It's THAT important!
How a Cover Letter Can Make or Break Your Job Search
Part of providing you resume cover letter help is to educate you on the process... So, let's step back a minute and look at how cover letters enable you to land a job.
- Mail, email, or fax the resume with the employment cover letter to the hiring manager.
- The well-written cover letter grabs the attention of the hiring manager long enough that he or she takes the time to also read the attached resume.
- The killer resume presents a strong picture of your capabilities and potential and clarifies what the letter began to intimate that you could do for the company.
- With the resume cover letter combination having made it clear how much you stand out above most of the other candidates, the hiring manager can't wait to meet you and calls you to come in for an interview.
- You prepare for the interview, so when the time comes, you demonstrate that your resume and letter weren't just a spectacular piece of creative writing. On the contrary, you are THE candidate for this job.
- You get the job offer!
See how easy it is, if you follow the step-by-step process?
What's that, you say? "But I don't know how to write a cover letter that will land me an interview, much less the job? Where do I even begin?"
Not to worry...
Step-by-Step Resume Cover Letter Help Is On the Way!
I'll get you started on your quest to becoming a resume cover letter writing expert. Just grab yourself a coffee, soda pop, or other beverage of your choice, and take the time to read through some of the following pages, and before you know it... you'll know everything there is to know about how to write an amazing cover letter.
- What Is a Cover Letter, where you'll find a definition of this type of letter and what it should cover.
- Effective Cover Letter Writing, with tips on how on wording, phrasing and what to include in a resume cover page.
- How NOT to Write a Cover Letter, where you learn how to quickly fail at cover letter writing.
- How to Create a Cover Letter, your step-by-step guide to creating these letters.
- Resume Letter Formats, a summary of what to put into a cover page and how to structure it.
- Free Cover Page Templates, where you'll find free templates for cover pages, along with an annotated outline you can use to construct your own killer cover letter.
- Resume Cover Page Examples, where you can learn by example about writing letters that work.
- More Cover Letter Tips, where you can get even more resume cover letter help, to take your letters to the next level.
- How to Write Interview Thank You Letters, so that you're not left hanging after the job interview.
- Ask the Expert About Cover Letters, where you can get answers to all of your questions on this topic.
So, are you ready to get started on learning how to write a cover letter? Great... Let's go! Get clicking to the cover letter of your dreams!
I highly recommend this resource for building powerful resumes!
By the Way: If you're struggling with writing your letters, I highly recommend you check out this online resume builder website, where you'll not only find templates for both resumes and cover pages, but also an easy-to-use interface that enables you to create and submit them... both online and offline. There's a super cool >free trial too.