SYoxall Resume - Critique Request
by S. Yoxall
Webmaster's Note: This page has S. Yoxall's uploaded resume. He or she is looking for feedback and critiques from visitors to the site. Won't you help this person out by commenting below and rating the resume using our 5-star system? Please make your criticism constructive, i.e., offer specifics on how it could be improved, if necessary, or what you think is particularly good about it. THANKS! — Kathi
To obtain a position where I can best utilize and expand on my administrative, secretarial and computer skills.QUALIFICATIONS
EMPLOYMENTWilliams Coulson, Attorneys At Law, Pittsburgh, PA;
- Experienced in Accounts Payable, Administrative and Secretarial functions.
- Ordered and maintained inventory of office supplies, equipment and services.
- Implemented and managed a new file tracking system resulting in fewer lost files.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, professional appearance and work ethic.
- Acquired skills through on the job training to advance from secretarial to administrative positions.
9/1998 to 9/2007Legal Assistant
(1/2006 to 9/2007)
Administrative Assistant, Accounts Payable, File Room Administrator
- Worked with a team of five others to organize and manage a complex project involving 300 new clients.
- Extensive database entry to record filing deadlines and client information.
- Generated status reports to track and monitor work in progress.
- Heavy client contact to update and obtain information necessary to adhere to deadlines.
(5/2001 to 1/2006)
- Directly assisted the Executive Director in the day-to-day operations of the firm.
- Handled all communication with vendors and sales representatives.
- Liaison between supervisor and staff to resolve problems and inquiries.
- Handled issues concerning equipment, tenant services, and employee benefits.
- Maintained reference materials regarding office policies and procedures.
- Reviewed invoices for accuracy, due dates, and payment history.
- Prepared checks for payment of invoices, expense reports and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Allocated out of pocket and overhead expenses to appropriate client and general ledger accounts.
- Trained as backup to perform duties relating to billing, cash receipts and bank deposits.
- Converted over 10,000 files from alphabetic to numeric, through the use of bar codes, which resulted in better utilization of office and storage space.
- Routinely scanned and updated file locations to ensure timely access to files.
- Generated retention reports and prepared files for off-site storage.
(9/1998 to 5/2001)
Eckert Seamans, Attorneys At Law, Pittsburgh, PA;
- Drafted and revised legal correspondence and pleadings, and finalized documents for court filings.
- Maintained and updated client files, attorney calendars, meetings and appointments.
- Verbal and written communication with clients, opposing counsel, and others in the legal field.
- Provided all other general and routine secretarial and administrative support.
9/1986 to 9/1998Secretarial Coordinator
(12/1994 to 9/1998)
- Coordinated the daily overflow work among attorneys and secretaries ensuring the timely completion of projects.
- Attended administrative meetings to brainstorm enhancements to the overflow work program.
(9/1986 to 9/1998)
- Primary duties included assisting two partners in the litigation department.
- Drafted and revised complaints, interrogatories, briefs and all other legal documents.
- Finalized pleadings for court filings and maintained pleadings docket.
- Entered attorney timesheets and new client information into billing system.
Duff’s Business Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
Associate in Specialized Business Degree — Legal SecretarialCOMPUTER SKILLS
- Windows 95/98/2000
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Worldox (Document Manager)
- Juris (Time & Billing)
- Opus (File Tracking)
- Elite (Time & Billing)