Philemon Johnson CV Critique Request
by Philemon Johnson
To Offer Effective & Efficient Services
Integrated Mission Training Centre (IMTC)
United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL)
Grand Bassa County Liberia
Certificate in Interpersonal Skills
Certificate in UN Core Correspondence
Certificate in UN Core Value: Professionalism
Certificate in UN Core Competency: Certificate in Team Work and Development
Certificate in Health and Safety Management
Certificate in UN Office Correspondence
Certificate in Integrity Awareness Initiative
Certificate in Advanced Security in Field
Certificate in Business Written English
Certificate in UN Accountability 2006-2008
Don Bosco Polytechnic Technical Institution 21th Street
Sinkor Monrovia /Liberia
Bachelor Degrees in Civil Engineering/Constructions 1994-1996
Assemblies of God Development & Relief Services
- (AGDRS) / United Nations High Commissioner for
- Refugees (UNHCR) Skills Training Center, Buduburam
New Hope Foundation High School
Grand Bassa County, Liberia
West African Examination Council CertificateUNMIL
2007 - Present
Head Construction Supervisor:Duties include and not limited to:
2004 – 2006
- Establishing a thorough knowledge of various type of constructions work performed in the Sectors Buchanan and Rivercess under my supervision
- Providing a general knowledge of the United Nations building code, interpreting construction plans and the ability to make good technical decisions in the face of inevitable construction questions and problems
- Breaking down the overall construction goals for the day into smaller, specific jobs that can be assigned to individuals and groups, and directing workers to new tasks as they complete previous tasks
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, issuing, and maintaining machines, equipment, materials, and supplies in construction storage ware house: dispatches materials and equipment to construction sites.
- Locating for construction materials and set up tools and equipment as appropriate.
- Checking the production and efficiency of the workers
- Scouting and indentifying skill construction workers for hiring
- Plan and schedule work and keep records of the materials used and the progress made on a job.
- Prepared records and reports to the Sector Engineer, also reporting on such things as personnel, costs, and safety.
- Supervise workers engaged in erecting pre fabricating structural and concrete forms and products used on construction projects.
- Reading and interpreting maps, site plans and construction drawings
- Compose memoranda relating to projects.
- Supervise support technician or other assigned personnel
- Develop and implement design and construction projects for both Military and Civilian Personnel of United Nations Mission in Liberia, UNMIL
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff including military and civilian employees of
the United Nations.
- Supervise preparation of plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates for new construction;
- Interact on a professional level with Mission Engineers, Interact on a professional level with Mission Engineers and construction superintendents relating to Construction Project implemented by the Mission.
- Performs other duties as described by Sector Engineer
- Prepare all Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
- Supervised the overall daily work force of 35-40 skilled Individuals Contractors in Sector 3B involved with all kinds of construction work.
- Performing renovation works for United Nations Staff Residences;
- Making requisitions and acquiring various kinds of construction materials and equipment;
- Responsible for the construction and maintenance of Pre-Fabricated structures for both military and civilians used including Tents, Rub Halls and all types of quick construction projects for emergency response.
- Construct all military accommodations and landscape.
- Advice Sector Engineer on work progress and assist in acquiring skill contractors’ workers.
- Supervised all works relating to various types of constructions including clinics, pit latrine etc.
- Advice Management on cost estimates, to include equipment, tools and labor cost;
- Conducted physical verification of material to ensure compliance with construction specification
- Prepared report for all projects.
- Designed all clinics and forward to planning for approval.
- Conducted field survey for the identification of project sites
- Recruited and supervise skill contractors.
Prepared quantities & qualities Estimates
European Union (EU)
Jan, 2000- March, 2001
- Constructed pit latrine in Grand Bassa and Rivercess Counties.
- Identification of sites in the community for construction work.
- Supervised the digging of walls for the construction of hand pumps in Grand Bassa and Rivercess Counties.
- Drafted sketch for various projects.
Maryland Wood Processing Industry-
(M, W, P, I) General Foreman
- Supervised the construction of all productions champs in and around Maryland County.
- Prepared and submitted request voucher for materials to head office Ivory Coast.
- Responsible for the construction of all Staff houses in and around Maryland County.
- Charged with the responsibility of providing continuous maintenance for all housing units in Maryland County.
- Designed all Projects and forward to planning for approval.
- Prepared and submit construction materials voucher for replenishment of materials in consultation with warehouse supervisor and Officer in charge (OIC).
- Prepared daily report relative to project.
- Prepared and submit to Officer in Change attendances of all construction Employees.
- Supervisor the installation of all Plumbing worked.
- Change with the overall responsibility to supervisor the installation of all electrical worked.
REFFENCES:Omitted for privacy reasons for this critique