Karen Foran Resume Critique Request
by Karen Foran
(Grayslake, IL USA)
- Accomplished Business Professional with experience in organizational management, customer relationship management, call center management, and staff supervision.
- Proven success handling sales activities, maximizing revenue levels, and improving customer retention.
- Adept in implementing call center technologies including ACD.
- Expertise in EDI and Ecommerce customer base.
- Dynamic leadership abilities concerning team initiatives.
- Proven success leading business development efforts.
- Skilled in streamlining business processes, enhancing operational efficiency, introducing cost control programs, and reducing operating expenses.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, AS400, Visual MFG, DCMS, Global Financials, Crystal Reports, Business Works, MAS90, Goldmine, and ACT.
Professional BackgroundLearning Resources - Vernon Hills, IL (2006 - 2008); Senior Manager - Customer Relations
Manager of Sales Support
- Developed and implemented key performance indicators during acquisition integration.
- Supervised and trained 18 customer relations representatives in daily job tasks.
- Spearheaded the restructuring initiative that focused on increasing response to customers, which reduced credit time from 90 days to 14 days as well as reduced phone calls on order receipt/status by 20%.
- Co-developed the implementation of a call center plan.
- Restructured territories, increased performance requirements, and raised minimum pre-requisites for recent hires.
- Recruited a top-performing team of customer relations representatives.
- Formulated a customer service manual, which ensured compliance with policies and procedures.
- Introduced process improvement initiatives to enhance operational efficiency.
Profile Plastics Corporation - Lake Bluff, IL (2000 - 2006); Senior Sales Coordinator/Account Representative
- Managed sales support of $50 million business and integrated the acquisition of $30 million business.
- Directed a team of 5 sales coordinators responsible for supporting customers and sales representatives nationwide.
- Trained and coached staff members on new projects and routine job procedures.
- Served on an IT Steering Committee that focused on streamlining daily processes and increasing productivity.
- Developed accurate and reliable sales reports that aided in business decision-making processes.
- Compiled and managed the departmental budget.
PC Industries - Gurnee, IL (1997 - 1999)
- Provided leadership and direction to sales support functions for 20-30 accounts, which included the largest key account GE.
- Created custom quotes from engineering specifications of customer requests.
- Reduced expenses for customers and vendors by identifying accounts that qualified for volume-purchasing programs.
- Served as the primary liaison between production, engineering, and purchasing, which ensured cross-functional processes were delivered per customers' requirements.
- Coached and trained the staff on Goldmine contact management software.
Account Manager - Graphic Arts Products
BST Pro Mark - Elmhurst, IL (1991 - 1997)
- Managed worldwide distributors comprised of 15-20 independent sales groups.
- Handled professional development and training initiatives involving the sales staff.
- Participated in business development functions, assisted in new product development, and implemented marketing programs.
- Executed territory management functions and entered previously untapped markets.
- Initiated and managed all OEM business.
- Evaluated sales forecasts as well as sales statistics.
Manager of Sales Administration
- Established and managed the sales administration department.
- Delivered superior customer service to various territories including North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
- Directed field sales representatives in purchase negotiations, closed orders, and authorized sales that required upper management directive.
- Produced the largest independent sale in the company's history, which resulted in a $250,000 sale that exceeded quota by 50%.
- Raised OEM business by 50% utilizing aggressive sales tactics.
- Selected to relocate to Amsterdam to facilitate the start-up of the European office.
Oakton Community College
Training: Critical Thinking Skills, Management Training for Building a Healthier Team Environment, 80/20 A Process for Profit Improvement, Effective Time Management, Effective Supervisory Management