You can achieve what you believe

ask the expert banner

How do you I show a degree not granted over financial issues?

by Victor

On my resume, how do I show that I have completed the academic requirements for a degree that was not granted over past-due financial obligations to the university?

Answer: Hi Victor... I think you should just list the degree as pending, with all coursework completed, and then let the recruiter bring it up in an interview, at which time I think you should be honest about the reason the degree is pending.

Are you planning to pay the bill and get your degree at some point... like when you get a job? If so, you can say that. If you plan on leaving it defaulted, then I think that will raise red flags.

Click here to post comments

Return to Education on Resume Questions.

For "Ask the Expert" question categories, follow these links:

Resume Questions Other Questions:

Share YOUR job hunting horror stories with our readers!

Here are some more pages you might be interested in...

Search This Site:

Site Sponsors

See our Advertising Policy


Need help making a professional resume? Check out this fabulous online resume builder!

Click here to get professional resume help online

Job Seekers'
Power Pack!

job seekers power pack picture

Grab your copy of these 5 concise reports about every aspect of the job hunt. Don't miss this opportunity to change your life for the better!

Check it out NOW

Please, help this site continue running by donating $5.00

Keep Up to Date

Follow us on our Facebook Fan Page Follow our updates on Twitter
Subscribe to my careers blog Subscribe to our site changes in your feed reader

Learning Library

[?] Subscribe To This Site

follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines