Free Resume Example:
Entry Level Sample Resumes
Harness the power of a free resume example from
Almost everyone has some skills and achievements they can highlight in their first resume.
Congratulations are in order! You are about to enter your first career path. Maybe you just graduated from high school or college. Or, you stayed at home raising kids for many years and now you're ready to start getting paid for your hard work. Whatever the case may be, you're going to need a resume to get in the door at most any employer.
Your resume is an important marketing tool that will help you get interviews so you'll have the opportunity to prove what you can do, even without a lot of formal job experience. You can pick a free resume example or two from this page to model your new resume after, but here are a few tips that will help too:
- If you're a new grad, emphasize your education. The courses you took and the degree you earned make you a good candidate, so show them off. Include any skills you gained too, such as computer or writing skills. If you were on the dean's list or earned any awards or honors, make note of them. Document your GPA if it was 3.0 or higher.
- Use a summary of qualifications, rather than an objective. It's a great way to emphasize your skills, worth ethic, and practical experience in ways that will be meaningful to your new employer.
- Include any summer or part-time jobs. Highlight any skills or achievements gained during that employment.
- If you're a mother entering the workforce, don't underestimate the skills you have. You can cite your skills in managing other people, organizing, teambuilding, caring for others, and budget management.
- Don't be tempted to stretch the truth. You may feel that you need to embellish your record to impress an employer, but falsehoods will always come back to haunt you. Don't do it!
- Even though you may be new to the workforce, it doesn't mean your resume has to look it. Follow a professional
take time with your
and proofread, proofread, proofread!
Free Resume Example for Entry Level Workers
Be sure to look through all the pages of this site to learn as much as you can about
and don't forget about preparing a dynamic
to go with your powerful new resume.
Best of luck to you in your search for your first career!
By the way, if you're not an entry level worker,
look here for a free resume example
for professional and executive positions.
Sign up to our newsletter, Resume Power Tips and get 3 free gifts!