Debra Duncan's Resume #2 - Critique Request
by Debra Duncan
Webmaster's Note: This page has Marie's uploaded resume. She is looking for feedback and critiques from visitors to the site. Won't you help her out by commenting below and rating the resume using our 5-star system? Please make your criticism constructive, i.e., offer specifics on how it could be improved, if necessary, or what you think is particularly good about it. THANKS! — Kathi
Marketing and Sales ExecutiveAreas of Expertise:
- Cold Calling
- Copy Writing
- Customer Service
- Direct Mail
- Events Director
- Focus Groups
- Graphic Design
- Lead Generation
- Public Relations
- Public Speaking
- Software Applications
- Trade Shows
- Web Development
- Doubled monthly revenues from $150,000 to over $400,000 for a Physician Practice. Achieved 40-65% growth over prior year revenues through direct mail, advertising, tradeshows and sales calls.
- Increased MRI modalities by 8% over previous year.
- Owned and operated a consulting and direct mail franchise. Generated over $500,000 in revenue. Increased annual contracts from $6,000 to over $100,000 a year through marketing efforts. Created over 300 advertisements.
- As Marketing Director for two hotels, increased market share and year-over-year revenue. Won over 20 awards. Highly recognized for surpassing revenue goals.
- Produced over $50,000 in sponsorships from local businesses for an extreme sport’s event. Instrumental in developing advertising collateral and concept of product. Secured and wrote a ten page magazine for newspaper.
- Responsible for marketing over 30 events. Highly able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Won Raleigh Sales & Marketing Executives Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award.
- Interacted with congressional representatives, dozen of high level Pentagon offices, heads of state, and members of the press.
A driven marketing and sales executive, tireless in the pursuit of revenue achievement. Highly recognized for motivational leadership style, marketing ability, organizational skills and positive attitude. Objective, logical, self-motivated and visionary.
Strong communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages. Well-known for creativity, innovation and task commitment. Able to create efficiency out of chaos.
Dynamic public speaker and ability to get speaking engagements. A natural entrepreneur with boundless energy, capable of adopting a number of roles simultaneously.Winner - Raleigh Sales & Marketing Executives Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award:"It is rare to find an individual that can so fluidly move between the complementary, but very distinct core competencies of sales, marketing, and internal project management. You have excelled at all three simultaneously. Not an easy feat…You have approached each task, each day, and each strategy with enthusiasm and energy. You do a phenomenal job of breaking projects into manageable tasks and then accomplishing more than expected."
— DJ Hill, Vice President, Titan Health Corporation
Experience: RX INNOVATIONS PHARMACY (April 2008 – September 2008), Business Development and Marketing Manager
DIAGNOSTIC HEALTH (August 2005 – March 2008)
- Prospected for Assisted Living and Psychiatric Hospitals accounts.
- Trained medical staff on pharmaceutical software.
- Designed marketing collateral.
SMART DOG MARKETING-Raleigh, NC (March 2002-July 2005), Owner & Operator
- Increased MRI scans by 8% over previous year. Made over 5,200 sales calls to Physicians.
- Wrote marketing plans, newsletters and collateral.
- Installed PAC software and trained Physicians on application.
CAROLINA BACK INSTITUTE-Cary, NC (November 1999-May 2002), Sales and Marketing Director
- Provided marketing expertise and training to small business owners. Specialized in direct mail and printing. Created over 300
ads. Mailed over 500,000 pieces of direct mail.
- Generated over 500,000 in revenue. Increased annual contracts from $6,000 a year to $120,000 a year.
- Educational Director for Business Network International. Trained business owners on marketing. Won Notable Networker Award.
- Trained Chamber members on networking, sales and overcoming price objections.
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY PARK AUTHORITY-Manassas, VA (July 1997-Nov. 1999), Sales and Marketing Manager
- Doubled monthly revenues from $150K to over $400K. Achieved 40-65% growth over prior year revenues. Managed operating budget of $100,000.
- Made over 3,000 sales calls to Physicians, Insurance Adjusters and Case Workers.
- Created all advertising campaigns.
- Instrumental in the strategic development of branding, marketing, positioning and client retention.
- Developed and launched a Pain Management Program. Generated over $200,000 in additional revenue.
- Won Raleigh Sales & Marketing Executive Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award.
HOSPITALITY PARTNERS-Bethesda, MD (December 1994-June 1997), Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Georgetown, Director of Sales and Marketing at Capitol Hill Suites
- Served as a consultant for sales, marketing, and advertising for golf courses, waterparks, fitness centers and parks. Provided training and marketing consulting for staff.
- Analyzed competitive product offerings in terms of features and benefits as well as price points. Managed an operating budget of $125,000.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and willingness to collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive the implementation and execution of projects.
- Directed a eight person customer service team responsible for designing and implementing service standards.
- Instrumental in marketing and co-organizing several events such as extreme sports, golf, fairs, and holiday festivities. Secured newspaper magazine for children's event. Wrote 80% of content.
- Served as director of customer and marketing surveys. Uncommon ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner. Great skill at seeing the tactical and strategic implications of research findings.
- Produced direct mail campaigns to drive new business.
- Conducted seminar for County Executives on customer satisfaction.
- Brought in over $50,000 in sponsorship donations.
- Wrote content for Web site.
SENATE ARMED SERVICES COMMITTEE –Washington, DC (May 1992–Nov. 1994), Special Assistant to Majority Staff Director & Senator Sam Nunn
- Generated $7,422,771 in 1996 (4% variance over 1995) for 296-room hotel. Hotel moved from 11th to 4th place in capturing market share.
- Managed an operating budget of $100,000.
- Produced $3,571,548 in 1995 (4% variance over 1994) for 154-suite hotel. Managed an operating budget of $100,000. Achieved the highest year-over-year growth in company (1st out of 11 properties).
- Implemented all advertising campaigns.
- Managed 5 sales managers. Department received 15 sales awards for outstanding achievement.
- Trained staff on sales and customer service.
- Considered direct mail expert.
- Supervised 15 employees including sales and customer service. Hotel received ten Customer (highest percentage in company) and 9 sales awards. Attained customer satisfaction rating of 94% intent-to-return, best ratio in company.
- Directed several open houses.
- Assisted in preparation of Defense Bill. Top Secret Security Clearance. Interacted with many top-level Defense officials and Senators.
Education:UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA-Chapel Hill, NC (BA 1988), Theatre and Political Science
- Hall President, Hall of the Year Award. Directed 7-10 social and educational events.
Expert with Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Front Page and Contact Management Software. Often the go-to person for troubleshooting and software questions.