Debra Duncan's Resume #1 - Critique Request
Webmaster's Note: This page has one of Debra Duncan's uploaded resumes. She is looking for feedback and critiques from visitors to the site on which resume style is better. Won't you help her out by commenting below and rating the resume using our 5-star system? Please make your criticism constructive, i.e., offer specifics on how it could be improved, if necessary, or what you think is particularly good about it. THANKS! — Kathi
Marketing and Sales DirectorAreas of Expertise:
- Cold Calling
- Copy Writing
- Customer Service
- Direct Mail
- Events Director
- Focus Groups
- Graphic Design
- Lead Generation
- Public Relations
- Public Speaking
- Software Applications
- Trade Shows
- Web Page Design
Driven, goal oriented leader with engaging personality and commanding presence. Strategic and original thinker. Outstanding client service focus. Highly recognized for motivational leadership style, marketing ability, organizational skills and positive attitude.
Strong communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages. Well-known for creativity, innovation and task commitment. Able to create efficiency out of chaos. Dynamic public speaker and ability to get speaking engagements. Trainer, coach and developer of talent.Winner - Raleigh Sales & Marketing Executives Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award:"It is rare to find an individual that can so fluidly move between the complementary, but very distinct core competencies of sales, marketing, and internal project management. You have excelled at all three simultaneously. Not an easy feat... You have approached each task, each day, and each strategy with enthusiasm and energy. You do a phenomenal job of breaking projects into manageable tasks and then accomplishing more than expected."
DJ HILL, VICE PRESIDENT, TITAN HEALTH CORPORATION, SELECTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTSExecutive/Management/Leadership
- Over 15 years proven track record in healthcare, hospitality and small business industries.
- Owned and operated a marketing business in Raleigh, NC. Generated over $500,000 in revenue. Consulted for over 100 business owners.
- Directed an eight person customer service team responsible for designing and implementing service standards. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and willingness to collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive the implementation and execution of projects.
- Managed 5 sales managers. Department received 15 sales awards for outstanding achievement.
- Supervised 15 employees including sales and customer service. Hotel received ten Customer (highest percentage in company) and 9 sales awards. Attained customer satisfaction rating of 94% intent-to-return, best ratio in company.
- Very active in local Chambers and networking groups, giving several presentations on customer service and marketing. Won Notable Networking award. Served as Educational Director.
- Top Secret Security Clearance. Worked with high level Pentagon officials and Senators.
- Doubled monthly revenues from $150,000 to over $400,000 for a Physician Practice. Achieved 40-65% growth within three years over a goal of 3-10% through a mix of direct mail, advertising, events and sales calls. Business had not seen any significant growth in the previous eight years. Launched new product Pain Management Program and brought in $200,000 in revenue in less than two years.
- As Marketing Director for two hotels, increased market share and year-over-year revenue. Won over 20 awards. Highly recognized for surpassing revenue goals. Managed an operating budget of $100,000. Achieved the highest year-over-year growth in company (1st out of 11 properties).
as director of customer and marketing surveys. Uncommon ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner. Great skill at seeing the tactical and strategic implications of research findings.
- Produced over $50,000 in sponsorships from local businesses for an extreme sport’s event. Instrumental in developing advertising collateral and concept of product. Secured and wrote a ten page magazine for newspaper.
- Developed, monitored and implemented over 15 marketing plans and budget. Conducted over 50 sales and marketing meetings. Spoke at over 30 seminars. Directed over 30 events. Created over 300 ads. Mailed over 500,000 direct mail pieces. Highly able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Won Raleigh Sales & Marketing Executives Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award.
- Interacted with congressional representatives, dozen of high level Pentagon offices, heads of state, and members of the press.
- Instrumental in marketing and co-organizing several events such as extreme sports, golf, fairs, and holiday festivities. Secured newspaper magazine for children’s event. Wrote 80% of content.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and willingness to collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive the implementation and execution of projects.
- Positioned Carolina Back Institute as experts in back pain and secured several TV interviews. At ease with media.
- Installed software systems and trained medical staff on how to use through one on one and classroom development.
- Educational Director for Business Network International. Trained business owners on marketing. Won Notable Networker Award.
- Trained Chamber members on networking, sales and overcoming price objections.
- Conducted seminar for County Executives on customer satisfaction.
Experience: RX INNOVATIONS-Norfolk, VA (April 2008 – September 2008), Business Development Manager and Trainer
A closed door pharmacy specializing in Assisted Living and Behavioral facilities. Company folded September 2008.DIAGNOSTIC HEALTH-Virginia Beach, VA (August 2005 – February 2008), Marketing Representative
A free standing MRI facility that competes on service. MONEY MAILER/SMART DOG MARKETING-Garner, NC (March 2002-July 2005), Owner & Marketing and Sales Consultant/Trainer
Owned and operated a direct mail and consulting business. Worked with local chambers and business owners. Generated over $500,000 in revenue. CAROLINA BACK INSTITUTE-Cary, NC (November 1999-May 2002), Sales and Marketing Director
A one stop shop practice specializing in pain management, physician therapy, behavioral management and back surgery. Business had flat lined for eight years and saw 30-40% growth between 1999-2002.Operating budget of $100,000. Won Raleigh Sales & Marketing Executives Distinguished Sales and Marketing Award.PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY PARK AUTHORITY-Manassas, VA (July 1997-Nov. 1999), Sales and Marketing Manager
County recreation products include golf courses, waterparks, fitness centers and parks. Provided training and marketing consulting for staff. Managed an operating budget of $125,000.HOSPITALITY PARTNERS-Bethesda, MD (December 1994-June 1997), Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Georgetown; Director of Sales and Marketing at Capitol Hill Suites
Hospitality Company located in Washington, DC with a strong commitment to customer service.4% variance in year over year revenue. Promoted twice. Operating budget of $100,000. Received in-depth training of marketing, sales and management.SENATE ARMED SERVICES COMMITTEE –Washington, DC (May 1992–Nov. 1994), Special Assistant to Majority Staff Director & Senator Sam Nunn
Committee responsible for the National Defense Bill. Top Secret Security Clearance.
Education:UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA-Chapel Hill, NC (BA 1988), Theatre and Political Science
- Hall President, Hall of the Year Award. Directed 7-10 social and educational events.
Expert with Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Front Page and Contact Management Software. Often the go-to person for troubleshooting and software questions.